This is an offshoot of the original Liam & Janet blog. That blog has become overrun by Liam's inability to keep his mouth shut when something annoys him. The serious rants there seemed incongruous with the humor columns. The plan for the humor columns continues to be to post a new one every Friday, plus occasional extras when the mood strikes.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Primer

Hello and Welcome to my humor site. If you're just looking around and not sure if you want to stay, here are a couple of examples to start you out and show you what this blog is capable of:

This blog was created when my favorite humor columnist went on hiatus in 2004, and I decided to see if I could write a humor column in his style. So far I think I've managed it, if by "his style" you mean "as prolific, but with less actual humor".

I post a new humor essay, in the words of another humorist I enjoy, "approximately whenever I feel like it". For a long time, I tried to maintain a weekly pace, and I so badly burned myself out on it that I gave up for about a year. As of this writing, I've recently begun writing again, and thus far it's been about once a week, but there are no warranties expressed or implied. Your mileage may vary. If a rash develops, notify your doctor. If you experience an erection, I can't see how that could have been the result of this blog.

I have an index post which I try to keep pinned just below the top, so that there's a "One Stop Shopping" list for all of the current essays. Since I have self published a book of my earliest essays, most of them are no longer available on-line, as I would like to recoup some of the losses involved in self-publishing a book.

Thanks to the folks at feedblitz.com, there is an e-mail subscription available (click here for more information).

If you have questions or comments, feel free to use the "comments" section, or e-mail me at liamhumor@liamjohnson.net.

That about covers it, I think. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Liam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]
Visit HumorLinks!

This HumorLinks Ring site
owned by
Liam\'s Weekly Humor Column

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]
Website Counter
Counter