This is an offshoot of the original Liam & Janet blog. That blog has become overrun by Liam's inability to keep his mouth shut when something annoys him. The serious rants there seemed incongruous with the humor columns. The plan for the humor columns continues to be to post a new one every Friday, plus occasional extras when the mood strikes.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Blog Quickie

My nephew broke an arm bone. It was his radius.

To calm him down, I suggested my sister give him a piece of pi.


---------------

Also, we were shopping for various undergarments and we saw Delta Burke branded bras. For women whose breasts get larger and smaller, I would imagine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ross said...

I don't get the latter joke.

Sunday, May 03, 2009 3:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Liam said...

Yeah, I guess I didn't phrase it well on the blog...

Delta Burke is an actress who, much like Oprah Winfrey, is known for a wildly fluctuating weight.

When she was on Designing Women at the start, she was rather thin. She got fat, then thin, then fat, then thin one last time, and as far as I know, has been fat since.

Of course, since I'm fat too, I wouldn't really make fun of her for being fat, but when I saw the bras I said to Janet something like "I guess these are for women who don't really know what size they are, and figure at least occasionally they'll be right".

She laughed, but that felt a little too obscure to put on the blog, so I tried to "dumb it down", and I just made it dumb. :-)

Liam.

Sunday, May 03, 2009 10:09:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]
Visit HumorLinks!

This HumorLinks Ring site
owned by
Liam\'s Weekly Humor Column

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]
Website Counter
Counter