This is an offshoot of the original Liam & Janet blog. That blog has become overrun by Liam's inability to keep his mouth shut when something annoys him. The serious rants there seemed incongruous with the humor columns. The plan for the humor columns continues to be to post a new one every Friday, plus occasional extras when the mood strikes.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Quickies

Still no word from my muse, still no column, but I had a funny thought tonight, so I thought I'd post it here in lieu of column (or until I can get one written).

On my other blog today, I posted a rant about racism in the media coverage of the New Orleans tragedy. I railed about how after years of supposedly equal rights, the media still presumes that, in the same situation, whites are behaving nobly and African Americans are behaving criminally. But it was driven home to me as I was doing laundry that I can't fairly cast the first stone. Why? Because I let the whites go first.

Liam.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you mean racism. Sexism is prejudice against gender.

Saturday, September 03, 2005 12:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Liam said...

Wow, it's been a long day.

Thanks, you're right, I'll correct it.

Leave it to me not to write a column and then go and spoil the one joke I DO post.

Liam

Saturday, September 03, 2005 12:20:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]
Visit HumorLinks!

This HumorLinks Ring site
owned by
Liam\'s Weekly Humor Column

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]
Website Counter
Counter