This is an offshoot of the original Liam & Janet blog. That blog has become overrun by Liam's inability to keep his mouth shut when something annoys him. The serious rants there seemed incongruous with the humor columns. The plan for the humor columns continues to be to post a new one every Friday, plus occasional extras when the mood strikes.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympic Quickie

First, I was watching Olympics Women's Gymnastics today (TiVo delayed, I'm still watching from last week while I was on vacation), and I got to thinking, I hope gymnast Liukin doesn't have a sister named "Bette", because with parents with a thick Russian accent, it's bad enough that they constantly remind her that she's "nastia liukin" than the other girls around, but to play favorites by naming a sister "bette liukin" would just be over the top.

(I was going to call this "Two quickies", because my wife made a joke in the car today that I thought might belong on here as well, but neither she nor I can come up with it at the moment, the sad fact of life for two middle aged brains. If we recall it, I'll come back and post it later.)

Liam.

P.S. I can only assume that "Bette" in Russian would be pronounced with two syllables, like the German "bitte".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]
Visit HumorLinks!

This HumorLinks Ring site
owned by
Liam\'s Weekly Humor Column

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]
Website Counter
Counter