This is an offshoot of the original Liam & Janet blog. That blog has become overrun by Liam's inability to keep his mouth shut when something annoys him. The serious rants there seemed incongruous with the humor columns. The plan for the humor columns continues to be to post a new one every Friday, plus occasional extras when the mood strikes.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Humor Essay News

Have you ever thought to yourself "Sure, reading these essays is fine, but what I'd REALLY like is to download extremely poor quality recordings of Liam reading them aloud in a bored, tedious monotone, with all of the flair and excitement of an economics lecture, but with less useful content!"

Well if so, you're in luck! One of my friends has convinced me to try creating a semi-regular "podcast" consisting of me, reading my essays with the vocal equivalent of a deer in the headlights.

So far, I've only done the podcast for the first essay I wrote, and I have to say, it came out quite well... if you're a deaf person. Those who can hear, well, not so much.

But if you have iTunes or some other podcast downloading software, you can point it to http://www.switchpod.com/users/liam-humor/feed.xml to hear me in all my droning glory.

If the first podcast gets many hits, I'll upload the second in a week or two. If I continue to get positive feedback on them, I'll keep uploading them perhaps every other week until I catch up with the blog, at which point I'll upload them as often as I write new essays, which means about every other equinox.

I just ask one thing: If you try it out, stop back here at the main blog (http://liam-humor.blogspot.com) and leave me a comment telling me you did. And if you enjoyed it, mention that as well. If you didn't, just tell me you listened to it.

Liam.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let Liam fool you- I've heard him read a blog entry or two to me aloud when my connection was down, and he sounds just fine.
(And, no, Liam, I don't mean a fine tooth saw! Nice try!)
Lorena

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]
Visit HumorLinks!

This HumorLinks Ring site
owned by
Liam\'s Weekly Humor Column

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]
Website Counter
Counter